HABITAT FOR HUMANITY – Creating decent houses in partnership with those in need
RMF in partnership with HFH Lebanon are focusing on vulnerable families in the North to address the most urgent housing problems, helping the poorest of the poor access basic, decent and healthy housing. The criteria for families to benefit from this program are those that are under severe financial and social stress, have at least one or more disabled family member, are generally women-headed households, and are earning limited income that hardly covers their immediate needs, or not earning income at all.
The work model for this project was determined to be a cost sharing project with HFH Lebanon paying up to 70% of the cost of the work, and the beneficiaries have to pay the remaining 30% of the amount, allowing for buy-in and self-investment.
The home repairs included:
– Installing proper sanitation in kitchens and bathrooms
– Reinforcing unsafe structures
– Tiling, ramps and grab rails for families with handicapped or disabled members
|Date||Date 01/11/13- Present|
|Project||HABITAT FOR HUMANITY – Creating decent houses in partnership with those in need|
|Location||Zgharta Caza- North Lebanon|
|Donors||Habitat for Humanity Lebanon|
|Sectors||Health and Social Care|
|Beneficiaries||30 houses rehabilitated on a yearly basis|
You can make a difference Donate Now