WASH assistance for Syrian Refugees and affected Populations in T5, North Lebanon
This project is designed to improve the sanitation situation of selected communities in Tripoli and its surrounding five districts.
The planned project activities include:
- Construction of 2 solid waste management projects benefiting 35,000 individuals (including 10,000 Syrian refugee)
- Rehabilitation of 2 waste water projects benefiting 10,000 individuals (including 2,000 Syrian refugees)
- Rehabilitation of 2 disaster risk reduction projects benefiting 5,000 individuals (including 1,250 Syrian refugees)
- Establishing 6 CPCs including representatives of the local community Syrian refugees and local authorities, and
- Capacity Building of 35 representatives from local committees including representatives of the local community Syrian refugees and local authorities on operating and maintaining sanitation systems has been built.
Provision of technical information to affected populations about adequate quantity of safe water and means to store water safely in 06 targeted municipalities, as well as awareness raising to these municipalities about the water projects funded by EU in their regions
|Date||January 1, 2016-December 31, 2016|
|Project||WASH assistance for Syrian Refugees and affected Populations in T5, North Lebanon|
|Location||T5 (Koura, Zgharta, Dinniyi, Becharre, Batroun|
|Sectors||Water, Sanitation and Health|
|Beneficiaries||Syrian Refugees and Lebanese host populations (on-going project)|
For more related material Download File