Looking to get involved with a reputable Lebanese organization dedicated to empowering Lebanese people, and upholding human rights and dignity? Do you believe in giving back to the community, and making people’s lives better? Interested in working hard, and being part of a cohesive and well developed team? RMF offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging field, consider applying today! If there are no open positions, check back every few weeks as new opportunities open up frequently.
Finance Officer / Accountant
Working within RMF team in the headquarter office, The Finance Officer/Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the overall and efficiency of the Finances related to RMF projects. This involves establishing and streamlining processes with adherence to donor requirements and regulations as well as developing and overseeing financial matters of RMF programs and projects. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for representing the organization to donors. S/he will report to the Finance & Administrative Director and will be part of the Finance Department.
With the guidance of the Finance & Administrative Director and in coordination with the Finance & Administration Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for day-to-day data processing and financial end month closure while keeping in line with RMF policies, procedures and donor requirements. This position also requires close working relationship with Programs, Admin, Human resource and Procurement unit.
The position is located in RMF’s Headquarter Office in Achrafieh. Working hours are officially from 9:00-5:00, Monday-Friday but can vary according to load of work and deadline completion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with RMF procedures and Policies.
- Ensures all financial transactions are reasonable, appropriate, and necessary.
- Ensure full compliance with all statutory regulations of audit, legal and tax requirements.
- Process payments through preparation of checks and bank transfers after submission of complete supporting documents making sure to abide by RMF policies.
- Ensure all required Finance related information is filed properly keeping confidentiality at all instances as required by RMF policies.
- Preparation and checking of bank reconciliation statements of all accounts on monthly basis.
- Conduct a thorough preparation of new budget and existing grant budget revision ensuring that all costs are covered and are not under/over budgeted in addition to correct use of the RMF and donor budget formats.
- Review the budget spending and advice relevant staff on spending status and ask for feedback on all over/under spending.
- Work with the Finance & Administration Manager on the monthly shared program cost allocation.
- Prepare Donor financial reports for review by the Finance & Administration Manager.
- Ensure in close collaboration with the Program Coordinator/Project Coordinators timely and accurate preparation and submission of financial reports to donors and partners.
- Oversee procurement processes and ensure compliance with the organization’s Policies.
- Maintain and update fixed assets on RMF’s accounting system and ensure proper operation, maintenance and appropriate distribution of office equipment. Keep record and conduct physical verification at least once a year, and prepare annual physical verification report to present to Finance & Administrative Director.
- Assist during the donor verification visit and the audit process.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years in an Accounting /Finance position preferably in an NGO.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting or similar.
- Advance level of MS office (Windows, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Working experience on budget preparation, budget management and financial reports will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity and experience in use of accounting software is a must.
- Prior experience working with donor-funded projects is a plus
- Good communication skills.
Job Location: Achrafieh Lebanon
Reports to: Finance & Administrative Director.
On May 6, 2016, The René Moawad Foundation (RMF) celebrated the completion of establishing a public garden and an events venue in Kousba (Koura district) under the Building Alliance for Local Advancement, Development, and Investment (BALADI) project, funded by the United Stated Agency for International Development (USAID).
The inauguration event was attended by RMF Executive Director Michel Moawad, USAID Mission Director Carolyn Bryan, the Mayor of Kousba Akel Greige, representatives of Kousba El Ghad NGO and CDDG, presidents of municipalities of surrounding towns in Koura district, members of parliament representing the village, prominent community members, and entrepreneurs from the area.
The inauguration was also an opportunity to open the first event in the park, the “Spring Flower Market and Local Products Exhibition”, which took place from May 6-8, 2016 and displayed locally-made products by entrepreneurs from Kousba. Attendees and participants toured the park and exhibitors’ booths.
The René Moawad Foundation and through the USAID BALADI program contribution ($243,000) helped Kousba Municipality construct and equip a park and events venue to create jobs and increase the income of Kousba residents through the various activities that will be organized annually in the venue. The park includes a children’s playground, an outdoor venue for events and a small cafeteria, which are accessible for persons with physical challenges. The park was conceptualized by Kousba Municipality in collaboration with community residents and local organizations in the village. It will employ 10 persons and will help at least 70 entrepreneurs increase their sales through exhibitions, seasonal festivals, weddings and other occasions.
The five-year BALADI project supports municipal-led development activities. BALADI is currently financing 59 activities, which involve engaging 157 municipalities with socio-economic development initiatives throughout Lebanon. More information about BALADI project can be found on http://baladi-lebanon.org/en.